My Blog List

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Massive Online Course

I've just enrolled in a "Massive Open Online Course" called Plenk2010. It is a very interesting concept. Anybody can enroll and there are discussions, live presentations, blogs, and other web 2.0 social interactions. So far I am learning a lot, however, I am worried that there may be a bit too much navel gazing. The subject of the course is open and fluid but it looks like the subject of the course is, well, the course. How much can be gained by advocates of using web 2.0 from talking to each other about web 2.0 I am not sure. The one thing I do hope to get out of it though is practice using different web tools and being introduced to new ones. I am also interested in seeing how a course like this will take on a life of its own. I expect that there will be many people with a wide array of experience in this field who will be adding their perspectives and knowledge. At the least it will be a great reservoir of materials and ideas on learning in an online environment. I'm not sure how much I will be able to keep up as I have plenty to do for my job but we shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment